sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

Festiva: . I have a 1993 ford festiva. It is having issues

Customer Question

I have a 1993 ford festiva.
It is having issues with smooth running. I think it's mixture related, but maybe electrical.
It mostly runs ok, but usually after warming up, it will jerk back and then forward again, as if I had applied the brake hard.
It also changes idle speed (rpm) and will sometimes bog down when I apply the gas.
I thought the mass air flow sensor seemed to move fine, but of course I can't see it in action.
I replaced many parts already: Plugs, Cap and Rotor, Throttle Position Sensor, Air Filter, cleaned the throttle butterfly.
Any ideas?
Thanks, Rob.
Category: Ford
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!It sounds as if you have an ignition system issue. You seem to be describing the sudden jolt of losing spark and regaining it again. The first step in diagnosing the problem is to use a scan tool or code reader to see if any fault codes are setting. Have you checked for codes?