Gary
Gary, Technician
Experience:  GM master tech for 15 years/ASE master tech for 20 years
19513769

Escape: , I have a 2010 Escape 2.5 cyl 2 misfire i switched

Customer Question

Hello, I have a 2010 Escape 2.5 cyl 2 misfire i switched coils, new spark plugs switched injectors to different cylinders and checked injector wires with noid light checked compresion 185 psi still has dead misfire
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.
do you have confirmed spark out of the # ***** coil ?confirmed injector pulse to the # ***** injector ?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I do have good spark.
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.
injector pulse ?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes injector pulse also
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.
so you have spark and fuel and confirmed spark and an injector pulse and you swapped injectors and the compression is goo ?is that correct ?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
That's correct
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Tomorrow I was going to check fuel pressure. But I can't understand why it would only pick in cyl 2.
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.
at this point you are down to one of 2 thingsfirst can i ask is # ***** a dead skip at idle ?
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.
its not fuel pressure if it was it would be effecting all the cylinders
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I agree! I shook the wire harness from the coils and injectors to see If any change but nothing.
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.
if you have a pulse and spark the harness is not the issueis # ***** dead at idle ?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.
ok at this point this issue has to ba a valve train issue with the # ***** cylinders valves not opening which would still show good compression but the cylinder will not fire OR the crank sensor is firing # ***** cylinder at the correct time causing this issuepull the valve cover and crank it over and see if # ***** valves are visually opening and closing like the other cylinders if not fix the valve train issueif it looks fine then change the crank sensorif you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I replaced the crank sensor sorry I fail to mention that. I will let you know on what I found
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.
ok sounds goodif you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer