Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

My interior lights will not go off. The light on the drivers'

Customer Question

My interior lights will not go off. The light on the drivers' side mirror is not on either.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The light switch seems to be loose, but we have never had this happen. Last night when we turned the switch off, the interior lights did not go out. Loosened the battery cable and they went out. Thought that did the trick, my husband went out to tighten the cable and the lights were still on. Can't find the fuse box that is not under the hood. Also the light on the drivers side rearview mirror was not burning, passenger side is.
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Ford Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: trying to. Don't have a ford dealer within 60miles.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: Can't think of anything
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 6 months ago.
Hi. What kind of Ford is this?