Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

1999 f-150 4x4 5.4 my heater will not turn off.i replaced

Customer Question

hi, 1999 f-150 4x4 5.4 my heater will not turn off.i replaced the hot /cold switch and no help
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: heat will not shut off
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: a new hot /cold switch
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  roy replied 6 months ago.
good evening my name is ***** ***** I will assist is it just the heat or is it the blower motor that still works Roy
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
blower works fine
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
it is stuck in the heat mode
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
all the air blows out of the correct vents
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have replaced the hot /cold switch behind the knob
Expert:  roy replied 6 months ago.
ok, thanks. there is a blend door motor that is a common failure. it is under the dash and operates the cold/hot air mix. I attached a picture of it Roy
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
under dash where
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
what is it close to
Expert:  roy replied 6 months ago.
let me get the procedure
Expert:  roy replied 6 months ago.
location.trying to find a better procedure. the one that I found is vague. the cover has to come under the dash as in the picture and the blend door motor is right there. the book pays 1 hour in a shop for this repair Roy
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I look on youtube thanks
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 6 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. The tech helping has opted out, would you like my help?
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris