Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

F550: 2003 f550 6.0 diesel. Getting codes p0487 egr throttle

Customer Question

2003 f550 6.0 diesel. Getting codes p0487 egr throttle response control circuit, p0488 egr throttle position control range/performance, p2138 throttle/pedal position sensor/switch "d/e correlation, p2139 tp/app sensor/switch d/f voltage correlation and 2140 tp/app sensor/switch e/f voltage correlation. Help
Category: Ford
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 7 months ago.
Hi my name is***** from the codes what are the symptoms you are having?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Starts fine, idles fine. Slow responsive throttle. Anything over 60-65% throttle it will throw it to idle and no throttle response. Shut truck off restart fine.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Clear all codes. Start truck up and have the egr throttle position code and and egr performance code still there. Tried unplugging all sensors running 5v reference individually and no luck. Shortly after truck runs with out touching pedal it will throw the app sensor correlation codes
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Once it goes to idle and looses pedal it will throw a code for TAC system- forced idle
Does this have the remote throttle unit under the dash for like a wrecker or ambulance package PTO ?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No it doesn't not,
Thanks for the updater. If all components are new and the harness is new and the firewall connector pins etc are good then have your PCM reflashed/reprogrammed to factory settings and the most current updates and then see if the codes return. It could be a software issue. Let me know
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
That was my next step
Thanks for the update. Let me know how it works out.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I just had the pcm ficm and tcm all flashed to latest greatest tunes. Pcm didn't have a vin listed on it. With the flashes it got rid of the egr codes but still getting dead pedal and codes p2138 and p2140. Can't give more then half pedal still. Senior diesel tech at local ford is stumped.
This is an odd one for sure. If the TPS is new then it only leaves the harness. Run a test harness from the TPS and splice into at the PCM connector far enough back you can reconnect the existing harness after. With the bypass harness see if the problem still exists. If so there is a harness problem throwing off the voltage signal. Let me know