Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609

Temp gauge not working JA: Sometimes things that you think

Customer Question

temp gauge not working
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: it will only read cold and over heated nothing inbetween
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: trying
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: v10 rough idle dosnt like 1500 - 2000 rpm very well poor fuel millage
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today. I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made. We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence! What is the year, make, and model of the vehicle you are working on? Have you tested the temperature sending sensor on the engine or replaced it with a new one to see if that makes a difference? If not, try that first or test it and see what you get. This will help rule out and issue with the sending unit or and issue with the gauge itself. If you have a scanner with live data, you can monitor the temps that way as well and see if the PCM is getting the signal from the sensor. A bad sensor can cause the engine to overfuel or under fuel making it run poorly.__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back. Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,they are not the site feedback. Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer! Jeremy
Expert:  Jeremy replied 6 months ago.
I see you viewed this and this is still showing as a open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.Did you still need assistance with this?