Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

I have 1999 f350 gear stuck on park not shift JA: Good to

Customer Question

I have 1999 f350 gear stuck on park not shift
JA: Good to know. The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with this sort of thing. How old is your transmission?
Customer: no brake also no light
JA: Ok. We'll get you to one of the go-to transmission guys. Other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: desel
JA: Would you mind explaining that?
Customer: y I was driving then wait for start light didn't come on I wasn't able to start truck and one of my guy came home fixed the problem now track is ok to start but not shift gear\
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: no
JA: OK! The Ford Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Anything else I can tell the Ford Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: there any charge for this convasassion
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 6 months ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** the brake lights dont work, and the shifter does not move, then its usually a bad brkae switch, and is a very common repair,Tim
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 6 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. The tech that was helping has decided to opt out.Would you like me to take over from here?