Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609

Pearl, On my 2005 escape with a 3.0 v6, the temp gauge

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, On my 2005 escape with a 3.0 v6, the temp gauge is not working and the car seems to burn a lot of fuel
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: also have erratic idle and sometimes almost dies
JA: Anything else I can tell the Ford Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: Seems to be engine heat as the heater is working
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today. I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made. We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence! Have you checked the vehicle for codes? Is the check engine light on? It should be... The temp sending usit isn't sending a signal to the gauge so it isn't sending one to the PCM either. It needs to be inspected, tested, and replaced if needed. You are burning more fuel for the PCM thinks the engine is cold and fueling the engine more to warm it up. It will give you erratic idle as well for the engine is warm and you still get the over fuel. I suggest taking to a shop where they can test the sender for operation and replace the sender as needed then clear out all the codes so the vehicle will run normal again and not burn as much fuel.__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back. Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,they are not the site feedback. Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer! Jeremy