Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 1999 F350 stuck in low range, Used it today and

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 1999 F350 stuck in low range, Used it today and could not get it to shift out of low range afterwards,
JA: Good to know. The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with this sort of thing. How old is your transmission?
Customer: probably about 10 years old
JA: Ok. We'll get you to one of the go-to transmission guys. Other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: perfect, 7,3 engine replaced 18000 miles ago
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Anything else I can tell the Ford Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: during all previous months, the*****worked perfect
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 7 months ago.
Hello, is this electronic shift on the fly***** did you put the vehicle into neutral while running to remove it from 4low?