Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

I have a 2012 edge sport. The pedal is hard as a rock and

Customer Question

I have a 2012 edge sport. The pedal is hard as a rock and makes a hissing sound when I push the brakes. Very hard to stop and sometimes while at a red light if you hold pedal down the engine might die. I jus replaced the brake booster and there is no hissing but the pedal is still extremely hard. Could it be the air check valve or do you have to bleed brakes even though we never removed brake lines?
JA: My old Jeep sounds like a steam radiator sometimes. It must be old age. The Ford Mechanic will know what your noise means and what to do about it. Anything else I can tell the Ford Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: That's it. Thank u
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Matt C. replied 6 months ago.
Hello, I would like to see if I could help you out with this. Just to make sure I understood you correctly, you had a hissing noise, then you replaced the brake booster and no longer have the hissing noise but still a hard brake pedal. Is that correct?