EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified

My gauges are not working in my town car, just had a windshield

Customer Question

Hi, my gauges are not working in my town car, just had a windshield put in yesterday and now they don't work could it be related
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else I can tell the Ford Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: no thats it
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 6 months ago.
Hi. It is possible that perhaps a fuse got blown during windshield replacement. I recommend you first check all the fuses in the fuse box under the hood and under the dash on the drivers side. Do that and let me know. Thanks
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Eric, I think you may have answered my question a few minutes ago about my gauges not working . I checked all the fuses and none are blown
Make sure battery is good. Then You need to verify power and ground at the instrument cluster at this point. The cluster will have to be removed to access the connections.
Have you made any progress here? Checked for power to cluster? Please let me know if you have more questions and please rate the service I provided. Thank you.