Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

F-350 7.3L Diesel: I'm at a loss.... 2001 7.3L diesel Problem-

Customer Question

I'm at a loss....
2001 7.3L diesel Problem- After the engine warms up the engine light comes on, looses power and as I drive and increase speed it seems to be starving for fuel until it eventually dies. After ten minutes I can start it again, but no power. If it totally cools down over night, it will run perfectly until it reaches normal temp.
.
What could cause this?
Thanks
Ed
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 8 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Do you know which codes are stored, that would help alot?If you remove the fuel cap from the tank, does that help?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I don't have the truck here. I can find out and let you know.
Thant will be great. I am on vacation so my work schedule is hit or miss when i will be online but I will respond one of the many times I will be online through out the day.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 7 months ago.
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris