Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

Ford Expedition: 2007 Expedition water leak upper left corner

Customer Question

2007 Expedition water leak upper left corner of driver door post. Sunroof drains flow without back up, in fact there is very little water in trough of sunroof. Been on going problem over year, today I finally found a wet area at the top of inside plastic trim, water fills A/C vent, runs down inside dash panel, has caused peddle switch to short and burn slightly. Water test have not shown leak, steady rain all night it is leaking.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 6 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. This upper left door post leak, you have seen water dripping from there?Is that the A or B pillar?The wet area at the top of the trim, which trim panel?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I think it is the A, front of door. No water dripping, just wet, this morning door panel forward and drink holder area was wet, water dripping from lower left dash panel, and off of parking brake pedal, small bucket had 1/2 - 3/4 cup of water in it.
My suggestion is to remove the A pillar trim since its wet and water test it. One outside and one inside to watch the door weather strip and windshield seal and the roof rack is applicable. See if you can find a trail of water entering the vehicle. Then I can tell you how to address it. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris