James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified

F150: 2011 F150, 3.5l EB. Brake light and "Check brake system"

Customer Question

2011 F150, 3.5l EB. Brake light and "Check brake system" warning come on daily. ABS comes on with it periodically but not everyday. Pulled codes C109E and C109F. Dealer thought it was the vacuum sensor on the brake booster so I replaced it, cleared codes and it was back within 10 minutes.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 6 months ago.
Hello, on this vehicle the wires to the vacuum sensor are known to fail. If you follow the wires from the sensor you will find them chaffed or broken
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I checked the wires from the sensor down to wear they tie in to the wires from the brake fluid sensor and they look fine. Reinstalled the original sensor and the problem continues.
Expert:  James replied 6 months ago.
what is the damaged wire in the lower corner of the photo?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
This part? I didn't notice that till I zoomed in. I'll repair it and get back with you. While troubleshooting those wires I did notice that if my truck started without the warning and I messed with those wires it would immediately give off a warning. Thank you for pointing that out
Expert:  James replied 6 months ago.
sounds good. good luck