sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 1986 Ford F 250 6.9 diesel truck . I started it up

Customer Question

I have a 1986 Ford F 250 6.9 diesel truck . I started it up the other night and everything was great until I turned on the headlights. As soon as I pulled out the switch the engine died . Now I have no power at all , except the emergency flashers. I have no power in the cab and when I turn on the ignition switch nothing happens no click no nothing. I jumped the starter relay on the passenger side fender well and the starter turns over but it wont start because there is no power at the injector pump fuel solenoid. Ive replaced the batteries and cables the head light switch, the ignition switch , the trailer tow relay and its fuseible link. I also bypassed the neutral safety switch and I still have no power. I also checked the fusible links coming from the starter relay and the firewall on the drivers side for continuity and they all checked out. THANKS FOR YOUR TIME. Scott
Category: Ford
Expert:  roy replied 7 months ago.
good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist what is the battery voltage at the batteries??? Roy
Expert:  roy replied 7 months ago.
I sent a refund request for the other question for you so this is the only question. just respond to this post and we can continue. I have not been paid for anything at this point. I only get paid when you accept my answers. Roy
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
the batteries both have 12.6 volts
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!If the starter does engage when jumped then you know at least it's positive feed and engine ground are ok, but there may be an issue with the chassis ground. The problem is likely wiring related though.Do the headlamps work?If you connect jumper cables between the negative terminal on the battery and a clean, unpainted metal part on the body does anything change?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I FOUND THE PROBLEM YESTERDAY AND TOOK CARE OF IT
Great!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I cant credit somebody who didn't help me with any thing . I found the problem myself.
Im glad you got it repaired.
I'm glad you got it repaired.