Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Ford F350: Just rebuilt the oil cooler on a 1995 7.3 turbo

Customer Question

Just rebuilt the oil cooler on a 1995 7.3 turbo diesel. Radiator belched oil and coolant and the crank case is full of coolant after being started. It began spewing fluid immediately. What happened how do I fix it?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 7 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Did you verify your fixed oil cooler is not the source of the fluid cross contamination?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
That's what I am trying to find out, what would cause this to happen? Does the oil cooler tube have to be installed a certain direction? There was a valve in rear of the cooler does that have something to do with this kind of issue?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
From what I could find on forums and you tube videos no one mentions the repercussions of a faulty install. So I am trying to see if I did something wrong during installation and how to get the coolant out of the crank case.
It is going to to take multiple flushing and running to get all the oil out of the coolant and vice versa. It will not happen in one drain and fill. The main possible causes for fluid cross contamination are the oil cooler, head gaskets, heads, and injector sleeves. Below is a link on how to assemble and disassemble the cooler, is that what you followed?https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/oilcooler.pdf -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris