Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

Po 446 it keeps cameig, at the same time i change canster and

Customer Question

po 446 it keeps cameig, at the same time i change canster and purge valve .compelt tunup . stel the chek engein is on'.
JA: Good to know. The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with this sort of thing. How old is your transmission?
Customer: igat 14300 mills and 10 years old
JA: Ok. We'll get you to one of the go-to transmission guys. Other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: good
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Anything else I can tell the Ford Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.
HI,Ok, I need to get the year, model and engine size of your Ford
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
2007 ford explorer v6
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.
Hi, Ok, for P0446 for this specific vehicle, Possible Causes - Fuel tank filler pipe vent tube, if equipped - Fuel tank filler pipe - Evaporative emission (EVAP) system - Fuel tank inlet check valve (part of the fuel tank) - Fuel level vent valve, if equipped (part of the fuel pump [FP] module) Have you gone thru the Ford testing procedure for this code?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
we try every thing and we replace
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.
HI, Ok, so you monitored the fuel tank pressure while filling the tank and it was within specs?You dropped the fuel tank to check the fuel tank vent valve for any obstructions as well as removing the fuel tank filler tube and vent tube to check them for obstructions?And you removed the fuel pump module and turned upside down to test the fuel level vent valve?And did you smoke test the evap system to check for proper flow and no obstructions in any evap parts or hoses? Everything above tested good, is that correct?