Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

My name is ***** ***** and this is what my technician told

Customer Question

my name is ***** ***** and this is what my technician told me Zero oil pressure reading on oil pressure gauge. They replaced oil pressure sending unit but the same problem persisted. Firestone said the problem is in the instrument cluster and do have a Ford dealership advise on whether or not it needed to be replaced or reprogrammed. The engine seems they have oil pressure, and no mechanical problems while I'm driving now.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Zero oil pressure reading on oil pressure gauge. They replaced oil pressure sending unit but the same problem persisted. Firestone said the problem is in the instrument cluster and do have a Ford dealership advise on whether or not it needed to be replaced or reprogrammed. The engine seems they have oil pressure, and no mechanical problems while I'm driving now.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.
Hello and thank you for you question, If the engine is not making any noise then you should not have an actual oil pressure concern and the problem is likely the cluster has failed and if that is the case it will need to be replaced or repaired and programming will also need to be done. Before you consider replacing it there a source where you can send it and it can be repaired and reprogrammed if need be. See the link below. You can send it in or your dealer has there own source as well. http://www.instrumentclusters.com/