rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

Ford Ranger 6 cylinder: 2001 ford ranger reg.cab 6 cylinder

Customer Question

2001 ford ranger reg.cab 6 cylinder shuts off after going over bumps on road.just recently started happening.if i go slow its ok but the bigger bumps it shuts off.although it will quickly restart. Automatic trans..
Category: Ford
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 7 months ago.
Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teachautomotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Pleaseunderstand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problemwith the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computerdata/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; wejust diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch thevehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going todirect you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please bepatient and permit me to do what I do best.I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” inreturn. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If thereis any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so Ican go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help youthrough it.This won't be easy to find, seeing that it is a connection problem somewhere in the harness or connector plug ins. If your losing total power to the car, then check the power distribution box under the hood by the battery,Thanks, Ron