rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

It's my sons car and his blinkers quit working both front and

Customer Question

it's my sons car and his blinkers quit working both front and back. The hazard lights work. He called me this morning. I am not sure about break lights yet he hasn't text me back.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: yes that I am aware of
JA: Anything else I can tell the Ford Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: i do not think so thank you
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Ford
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 8 months ago.
Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teachautomotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Pleaseunderstand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problemwith the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computerdata/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; wejust diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch thevehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going todirect you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please bepatient and permit me to do what I do best.I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” inreturn. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If thereis any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so Ican go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help youthrough it. It would help to know what kind of car this is, but in most cases these newer cars lighting systems are computer controlled. It would be to his best interest to have a scan tool attached and test it that way.Thanks, Ron
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
We could take it to the shop, but he is on a tight budget so we were hoping there was a list of easy things to trouble shoot ro rule some things out first. Would an auto parts store do this test for him? if so what is he looking for.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 8 months ago.
Yes, that's very possible, after all they want to sell him something:)Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.Ron
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ron, So nothing other than take it somewhere and have them test it?
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 8 months ago.
It the way they're built today, modules control everything and can only be tested with scan tools.Thanks again Ron