Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

99 ford f150 security doesn't want to go off found little button

Customer Question

99 ford f150 security doesn't want to go off found little button to deactivate it but doesn't seem to work
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: says fuel pump is high
JA: Anything else I can tell the Ford Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: would start at one time with gas poured into throttle body but doesn't now
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. Is this an after market security system that is installed on your vehicle here?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
python security I don't know it was on the truckwhen my son bought it
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
also the code reader says theft detected and we checked the fuel cutoof inertia switch seems ok
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
fuelrelay check or swapped its ok
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
I apologize for the delay. O.k.,what can happen here is the after market security module/ecu can fail internally and cause this issue here.I have seen quite a few of these fail in the past before and had to replace it or remove it and wire the vehicle back to factory to correct this fault here.If you do not care to have this after market security system installed I would see if you can have it removed and the vehicle wired back to factory to see if this resolves the fault here.If you want to keep it then you would need to speak to an auto accessory install facility to see if they can tell you how this model is reset to correct this issue here.I suspect the control unit itself may have failed though needing replaced. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete