Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years experience on all makes and models, Licensed NYS Inspector.
2921078

I have a 1995 ford ranger 3.0 v 6 standard trans,engine lite

Customer Question

i have a 1995 ford ranger 3.0 v 6 standard trans,engine lite on and a code po340 camshaft position sensor,a circuit,bank 1 or single sensor,what is the fix,and if a sensor where is it located,or something else and where is it located
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike V. replied 8 months ago.
Hi there,The cam position sensor is on the back of the engine block. It almost looks like the distributor, or where the distributor would go. On the early models it's really just sensor inside. It does require a special tool to remove and replace the sensor and it has to be synchronized.HERE is a link to the procedure. As for other possible issues, you have wiring as a possible problem and if the actual timing is off, say a problem with the timing chain then you can get this code as well. Most of the time the sensor itself is the problem though.Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.Thank you so much!
Expert:  Mike V. replied 8 months ago.
Hello again,, thought I would follow up and see if you need further assistance with this?