roy
roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years
3506196

Code p0316 misfire in first 1000 revolutions. Before that check

Customer Question

Code p0316 misfire in first 1000 revolutions. Before that check gauges lite came on and engine temp gauge spiked to the highest position then went back to normal all in 2 seconds. No sign of coolant leak or in the oil just a small oder off coolant once in a while heat also works. To be noted I live in south fla and the temp issue seemed to happen on cool nights or early am always from a cold start.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with AC issues. It could be something as simple as a blown fuse, or something slightly more complicated like a condenser. Any weird smells or rattling noises?
Customer: No and no
JA: Ok. We'll get you to one of the go-to AC guys. Other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: Very well
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Anything else I can tell the Ford Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: No thank you
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Ford
Expert:  roy replied 8 months ago.
good evening my name is ***** ***** I will assist year, make, model and engine please????
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
2005 Ford Explorer 4.0 flex fuel 4x2 63000 miles
Expert:  roy replied 8 months ago.
ok, thanks it indicates that the coil is bad. the reason the coil fails is the wires arc out against the manifold and force the coil to full output. I would replace the coil, wires and plugs. as far as the coolant, make sure the level is correct. the thermostat may be sticking which is common. I would replace the thermostat and add new coolant Roy
Expert:  roy replied 7 months ago.
please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts Roy
Expert:  roy replied 7 months ago.