Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Ron, I have a 2011 Ford F150 super cab, it has the 5.0 engine

Customer Question

Ron, I have a 2011 Ford F150 super cab, it has the 5.0 engine with the Lariat package, it had both curtain bags replaced and the airbag module replaced but the airbag light is still on, I had it scanned to find out what the issue was and 4 fault codes that are stored, B00A0:54-8A occupant Classification Systems, B0010:11-8B Passenger Frontal Stage 1 deployment control , B0011:11-8B Passenger Frontal Stage 2 deployment control and B00A0:09-8B Occupant Classification System. An you tell me what these cades mean and what I need to do to get the light off?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. When the air bag module was replaced if it was not programmed and set up properly by a dealer this will cause the occupant sensor codes as well as the stage deployment fault codes.I have seen this before when it isnt set up and programmed at all or is done incorrectly.I would have this checked into by a dealer to see if it needs any or further programming and set up for this here.If this is o.k. I would have the wiring inspected at the air bag module itself for any issues.If any issues are found with the wiring or electrical connections at all at or leading to the air bag module this can cause this fault and would need repaired.If these were already checked and found to be o.k. let me know. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Will you tell me what the codes mean?
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.
I will look up the specifics for these codes and post back here in a few minutes.
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.
Code B00A0-54-8A indicates the occupant sensor senses it has not been calibrated.This will need calibrated with the correct scan tool/computer plugged into your model here.Code B0010-11-8B indicates a short to ground on either passenger air bag stage 1 circuit.This can be a wiring fault with:- Wiring - Connections - Passenger air bag module - RCMCode B0011-11-8b indicates the same as the previous code above here and faults an be :- Resistance out of range - Unexpected voltage - Short to ground - Faulted passenger air bag moduleCode B00A0-09-8b indicates a fault with the occupant weight sensor in the passenger seat or the air bag computer (RCM) With the codes here make sure everything is programmed correctly and calibrated.if this is all o.k. with all the codes here you may have a faulty air bag computer new out of the package needing replaced again. Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here. Thanks Pete