Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Kk 2004 f150 5.4 used to turn over and wouldn't start now

Customer Question

kk 2004 f150 5.4 used to turn over and wouldn't start now the anti theft light stays on solid when key is on and now wont do anything change drvr module
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: when it does run it sometime hesitates let off of fuel and back on fuel most take off
JA: Anything else I can tell the Ford Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: also no rhyme or reason to this problem could go out tomorrow and it just start and run for two months then wont start
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. Have you had the fault codes checked at all to see what codes are set with this issue here? Let me know so we can continue from here,thanks Pete.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
check engine light has been on for quite awhile .now the wrench light is on and both lights now will not go out and wont turn over anymore
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Have you had the fault codes checked using a scan tool that can plug into your model and can communicate with all computers in your vehicle here?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no I haven't
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
O.k.,the first thing that needs done here is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are setting with this issue here.This will help locate the fault or faults that are occuring here.This needs to be done using a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers in your vehicle.You may have two separate issues here.One may be the electronic ignition switch at fault not sending correct signals to allow proper starting and operation and the other may be a restricted fuel filter or weak fuel pump not allowing enough fuel to the fuel injectors.I have seen both cause this fault here.I would start with having the codes checked as this will help quite a bit in locating the issues here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks will get it scanned in the next couple of days and get back to you
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome.Let me know what you come up with here when your ready. Thanks Pete