Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Ford Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & Ford Diagnostics/Repair

Focus st:*****ecoboost . engine management light

Customer Question

*****ecoboost . engine management light came on a few weeks ago although theres nothing wrong . how do I reset it ??
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 6 months ago.
Removing the NEG cable from the battery for a minimum of 5 minutes should clear the light. If the light returns, then there is a problem in one of the monitored systems. If there are no engine performance symptoms, then more than likely, the problem will lie in the EVAP (emissions control/recovery) System. At this point, you will need to have the Diagnostic Trouble Codes (aka "P-Codes") scanned from the on-board computer. You can have these p-codes read FREE (except in California) at any local "big chain" part store (ie. AutoZone, PepBoys, Advanced, etc). Once you have these p-codes you can more accurately and efficiently diagnose the root of the problem and make the correct repair. If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Please rate or accept so I may be credited. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept.