Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician
Experience:  28 yrs. experience as Ford ASE Master Technician. Accolades include being a 2005 Ford PTS Regional Finalist and 2006 ASE Ford National Technician.

I write from Italy, my name is***** have a problem with

Customer Question

I write from Italy, my name is***** have a problem with the air conditioner in my '06 Ford Explorer 4.0L.The compressor makes a noise like an old CD player and does not cool the air.I made the charging of refrigerant gas but the problem remains.The mechanic asks me to leave the car to search for the problem because they do not know this car model and I'm afraid for me will be a great expense without the security that resolves the problem.It might be cheaper to order in the USA, the compressor of A / C.what do you think about it?can you help me?thank you so much.HelloMauro
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The noise varies with engine rpm. The temperature of the pipes coming out of the dryer pressure decreases slightly but not become cold.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Scott W. replied 6 months ago.
Hello my name is Scott If the compressor is noisy and isn't cooling, we normally replace the compressor, condensor, accumulator and orifice tube and flush the system completely, if not. you run the risk on recontamination and compressor damage. If there are no parts available where you are, then you can order new parts from the US. Here is a link for Ford
Expert:  Scott W. replied 6 months ago.
Any more questions just ask, thanks Scott