Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

2006 taurus has good battery charge but starter does not engage

Customer Question

2006 taurus has good battery charge but starter does not engage when key is turned to start after driving a while. dash lights come on ok, fuel pump cycles. sometimes after waiting awhile it will start.
JA: There are so many things that can cause battery issues. Some simple, some complicated. The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Will the car start?
Customer: after a while it starts
JA: Got it. The mechanic will have thoughts on how you two can troubleshoot and diagnose this issue. How old is the battery?
Customer: 5 years, but it os strong, i tested it with load test
JA: Anything else I can tell the Ford Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: no i cant think of any thing else
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Ford
Expert:  roy replied 7 months ago.
good evening my name is ***** ***** I will assist when it does not start, does the starter motor crank the engine or not??? Roy