Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

91 diesel7.3 glow plugs dont heat up after replacing cotroller.

Customer Question

91 diesel7.3 glow plugs dont heat up after replacing cotroller. did i wire wrong ? i dont have a schmatic
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: yes the gloe plugs didnt heat up but for 1-2seconds so i thought it might be the controller . so ireplaced it now the glow plugs dont seem to heat up at all
JA: Anything else I can tell the Ford Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: no thats it
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 1 year ago.
Hi there.Please don't get upset, but since we never know what's on our customers mind when they post their requests, we need to ask questions that might seem unnecessary:What kind of Ford are you working on? Pick-up, van? Auto or stick? 2 or 4WD?Does the "Wait to Start" lamp come on?Do you have and are familiar with a good multimeter?Do you feel comfortable working off a wiring diagram by yourself, or do you need technical guidance as well?