Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

Ford focus: I have 2000 Ford Focus 2.0 sohc engine. I hear

Customer Question

I have 2000 Ford Focus 2.0 sohc engine. I hear a grumbling noise coming from the area of the serpentine fan belt and a/c compressor. It is making a lot of noise. The inner drive belt was changed 4 months ago, and the gas filter last month. Engine runs good;however a lot of water is coming out of the exhaust pipe. How can this be solved?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 6 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Are you having to add coolant to the radiator?Watching the pulleys while running are any wobbling?If you remove the belt, run it a max of 4 minutes, is the sound gone? If the belt off makes the sound go away then install the belt and listen to each pulley while running using a stethoscope to see if any have rough roaring sound which indicates bearing failure. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
I had the duplicate post closed that you opened at 12:54am central. Do you still need more help?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I do not have to add coolant, only the compressor pulley appears to be wobbling. I have not attempted to take the belt off.
Let me know once you have tried it briefly with the belt off to see if the noise is gone. If the AC still works then you may only need to replace the compressor pulley bearing and adjust the clutch air gap to address this.
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because no rating was selected and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris