Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

F350 Diesel: I have a 2009 Super Duty Diesel with power stroke.

Customer Question

I have a 2009 Super Duty Diesel with power stroke. I had an issue yesterday where the trouble light came on and said power was reduced. Also there was a wrench showing on the screen and my current owners guide does not have any explanation for that signal. My first guess is there is something wrong with the computer system. I had to have the system worked on to upgrade for a programing error in the original system.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 7 months ago.
Hi there.You're dealing with redundant warning systems:The "Wrench" icon on the dash means that the engine computer has gone into "limited power" mode. This light can come on for several different reasons.The Amber engine icon is an indication of a malfunction within one of the engine systems and it's probably what has triggered the "Wrench"If you are not a skilled DIY'er with access to a dealer-level scan tool, my recommendation would be to take it back to where the system was upgraded as it might be something related and therefore warranted.Please let me know if you have any other questions.Best Regards.