James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

TAURUS LIMITED: 2011 FORD TAURUS LIMITED DOORS KEEP LOCKING

Customer Question

2011 FORD TAURUS LIMITED DOORS KEEP LOCKING AND UNLOCKING. NEED HELP! FORD DEALER HAS NEVER SEEN THIS ISSUE AND IS HAVING TROUBLE.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 7 months ago.
Hello, is it just the one door that is locking and unlocking? Is this a push button start?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ALL DOORS. AND YES IT IS PUSH BUTTON START. AND NO I AM NOT YELLING. I JUST TYPE IN CAPS.
Expert:  James replied 7 months ago.
Does it matter if a key is nearby or not?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I DO NOT KNOW AS I ALWAYS HAVE MY KEY WITH ME. IT WILL LOCK ON ITS OWN IF I FORGET TO LOCK IT. SO I GUESS IT IS DOING SOMETHING.
Expert:  James replied 7 months ago.
If your key is with you the system is designed to lock and unlock with the presence of the key. If you leave the key on your counter away from the vehicle this wont happen. It also happens if a key is left inside the vehicle as well.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OK, I HAVE GONE BACK AN RE-READ OUR THREAD. LET ME BE MORE CLEAR. THIS IS HAPPENING WHILE I AM DRIVING. CONSTANTLY LOCKING & UNLOCKING. EVERYONE WHO HEARS IT SAYS " HOW ANNOYING IS THAT!". AS I SAID THAT DEALER HAS SEEN THIS IN ACTION AND CANNOT FIGURE IT OUT. I HAVE BEEN ONLINE AND HAVE FOUND THAT THIS KIND OF THING HAS HAPPENED TO OTHER PEOPLE BEFORE. I THOUGHT MAYBE THIS SERVICE WOULD BE OF HELP. I DO NOT WANT TO GO THROUGH THE PROCESS OF TRIAL AND ERROR IF I DO
NOT HAVE TO. I DO NOT HAVE THAT KIND OF MONEY.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
????
Expert:  James replied 7 months ago.
I am doing some digging. The only thing I can come up with is to reprogram the Keyless entry module. I have seen them causes many glitches and reprogramming them will repair the glitches they have.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
IS THIS SOMETHING I CAN DO MYSELF OR DO I NEED THE DEALER TO DO IT?
Expert:  James replied 7 months ago.
unfortunately a dealer has to perform the programming. It requires special equipment.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OK SO THIS HAS BEEN NO HELP AT ALL.
Expert:  James replied 7 months ago.
It's not helpful because you can't do it yourself?
Expert:  James replied 7 months ago.
I have no control over how a vehicle needs to be repaired. They have anywhere from 15-30 separate modules
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
it is not helpful because no one has been able to figure out the problem. all of this computer equipment and all of the experts and no one can figure it out. don't take it personally. i am the one who has to pay everyone to try and figure it out and cannot get any good answers. now dealer is telling me it is the Securilock panel on the door that is shorted and sending lock lock lock messages. $600.00 to replace or just disconnect it. is this item not covered under warranty? no one wants to deal with warranty. very frustrated ford owner right now! disconnect has now cost me $150.00
Expert:  James replied 7 months ago.
I am sorry for the frustration. I am confident I could repair the vehicle but I would need to physically have the vehicle.