EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

2006 ford Taurus low oil pressure light came on theN stall.

Customer Question

2006 ford Taurus low oil pressure light came on theN stall. Doesn't turn over. Acts like it has no juice but the battery is new.
JA: There are so many things that can cause battery issues. Some simple, some complicated. The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Will the car start?
Customer: Was low on oil added a quarter and it is just only on the tip of the stick.
JA: How old is the battery?
Customer: No. It will not. I'mean hoping it'safety locked.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Ford Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: The battery is a year old.
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 7 months ago.
Hi. First thing you need to do is to remove the serpentine belt. Then try to crank it over. You could have an ac compressor that is locked up. Can you try this and let me know?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hold on
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I"m out on the freeway with this car. The low oil pressure light came on then it died. There was no oil on the stick. I added a quert.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok. Took off serpent belt and does not turn over.
Ok. Put a socket and wratchet on the crankshaft bolt and see if you can turn the engine over by hand. It does sound like the engine might be locked up.
Unless you have any more questions on this, you need to rate the service positively to help close out this chat. Thank you