James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

95 f 350, 7.3 powerstroke starts runs then acts like it is

Customer Question

95 f 350, 7.3 powerstroke starts runs then acts like it is out fuel. will restart after a bit
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: pretty much, just quits running, can be at speed or at an idle
JA: Anything else I can tell the Ford Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: don't think so, not sure what I could add
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 10 months ago.
When the vehicle will restart how long does it run?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Varies if I keep the rpm up it does better. (sort of) It still acts like it is struggling for fuel. My first thought is the tank selector valve. I had to leave the front tank at 1/4 full because it has a pin hole now and needs to be replaced. running on rear tank but can run on front with same results. The mechanical pump was replaced once by ford. I don't feel comfortable driving it cause the issue usually starts after 15 -20 minutes of driving. your thoughts? Thx James, Jeff
Expert:  James replied 10 months ago.
How long was the fuel pump replaced by Ford? It sounds like you can have a high pressure oil concern or the newer fuel pump can be bad as well. If it was replaced by Ford in the last year by Ford it should be under warranty for you.