Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

Check engine light came on and when I had it looked at they

Customer Question

Check engine light came on and when I had it looked at they told me it was a problem with the Idle air control system!
JA: Good to know. The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with this sort of thing. How old is your transmission?
Customer: It's 2006 from a Ford Pick Up F150
JA: Ok. We'll get you to one of the go-to transmission guys. Other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: Great
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Anything else I can tell the Ford Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: No, thanks.
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** size engine? Are you trying to make repair yourself? Thanks.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes I would like to make repairs myself if possible
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
Do you know what the actual code number was? Thanks.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
PO506 (or PU506)
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Are you still there?
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
This code means vehicle is idling too low. The idle air control valve is built into throttle body. This code usually just means the throttle body is dirty. You can get some throttle body cleaner from parts store, spray onto rag, then wipe out good as possible and this should take care of problem. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.