EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

Ford C MAX: My wife has a 2016 Ford CMAX that can run on 100%

Customer Question

My wife has a 2016 Ford CMAX that can run on 100% electric, or gas. The car is totally dead. Will not start by electric or gas. She hears a ticking sound, and there is a blinking yellow light on the front turn signal. The key chain cannot do anything. When she puts the plug in, it does not light up blue as if it needs to be charged. What's likely up with it?
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Likely there is a dead 12 volt battery in the trunk. Have that jump started to see if life comes back to the car. If it does then replace that battery.
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
The 12volt battery needs to be functional for the high voltage battery to charge.
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for viewing my response. Have you been able to have the battery checked?
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if you have more questions on this. Otherwise rate my service positively to help close out this chat. Thank you.
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Unless you have something else to ask, then you can rate this chat positively to help close it out. Thanks