EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

I'm trying to determine if my 99 Ranger XLT 4wd has a transfer

Customer Question

I'm trying to determine if my 99 Ranger XLT 4wd has a transfer case speed sensor. Can't find it(4wd inop)
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: Yes, 4wd clicks in, lights up correctly but front driveshaft won't engage. Has a "newer tc motor assembly.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Ford Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: It's a borg warner 1344 tc.
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 7 months ago.
Hi. The transfer case does not have a speed sensor. The GEM module (which controls the transfer case shifting) uses a signal from the transmission speed sensor.