roy
roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years
3506196

I have a 94 f-250 7.3 5 speed. It is stuck in either 3rd or

Customer Question

I have a 94 f-250 7.3 5 speed. It is stuck in either 3rd or 4th gear. I have no other gears either. Clutch and pressure plate are new. Can you tell me what it might be
JA: Good to know. The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with this sort of thing. How old is your transmission?
Customer: It was just rebuilt a year ago
JA: Ok. We'll get you to one of the go-to transmission guys. Other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: It runs great. Just don't shift
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Anything else I can tell the Ford Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: No that will be all
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Ford
Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.
good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist does it come out with the engine off?? can you shift it without the engine running??? Roy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Roy. I got it to shift out of gear by pulling the shifter out and using a small bar I got it in neutral. It will only go into third and fourth gear. I have no other gears
Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.
ok, thanks, ***** ***** rule out a clutch issue have you checked the fluid in the trans??? from the sound of it, it has failed internally. whether it is bearing, syncros or the shifter rail itself, it will have to come out and be inspected for the failure. Roy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The first thing I did was change the fluid in it. It wasn't milky or anything. But thank you for your time. I'll try to let you know how it goes.
Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.
ok, sorry it was not something simple Royplease dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts Roy
Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.
please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts Roy