Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

2006 F350 6.0 cuts out after going about 5 ***** ***** at highway

Customer Question

2006 F350 6.0 cuts out after going about 5 ***** ***** at highway speed, no codes other than P0113 and no check engine light. Idles fine.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Used a scan gauge and found no problems with ICP,FICM either. Acts like it is running out of fuel but has new motorcraft fuel filters just installed, but didn't help. If you let it sit a few minutes it will start back up but runs rough. Has K&N air filter system and is well taken care of. Just started doing this a few days ago.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 8 months ago.
Hello, I just want to make sure the vehicle will start and run rough when you attempt to restart it after a while? what does it do on a cold start does it run rough at all?