Vladgmru, Automotive Electrician
Experience:  I've been working with American made cars since 1992.

Ford expedition: have a 2001 ford expedition. after replacing

Customer Question

have a 2001 ford expedition. after replacing the window motor, the car died. battery is fine, full charge. fuses are ok. checked cellinoid and relay switches are all new, even to the starter. when turning the key, we get nothing, not even clicking from the starter
Category: Ford
Expert:  Vladgmru replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustANswer.My name is ***** ***** the following:1) Inspect Positive battery cable at the starter motor. Make sure the thick B+ cable O-ring terminal is not corroded and secured well to the starter motor stud. Use a test light and make sure you have +12V on this cable lug and starter motor stud.2) If all OK above, then check if the starter relay clicks when you turn the key to start. Also if it clicks, using the test light check if you have +12V on one stud of the relay at all times and check if you get +12V out of the relay on another stud with the key on Start.Please let me know about your findings and we will continue
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Starter relay is brand new. No clicking when key is turned. Battery completly cleaned and secure. The truck will start when you take a screwdriver and touch two posts. So battery and starter are ok. Goi g to bed. Will view response in am
Expert:  Vladgmru replied 6 months ago.
Ok, if the starter relay in the engine compartment does not click with the key turned to starts, then we will need to trace that circuit ( Red/Light Blue wire) from the ignition switch and further down to find the problem. So the first thing after the ignition switch is the fuse #211) Check 15A fuse #21 located in the central junction box( interior fuse panel) and make sure you get +12V to and out of this fuse with the key held on start.2) From the fuse #21, the Dark Blue/ Orange wire goes to the transmission range sensor, so you can check if you get +12V on Dark Blue/ Orange wire at the transmission sensor connector with the key held on start.3) If OK, then with transmission in Park or Neutral and connector plugged in , you should see +12V on the Tan /Red wire that goes to the starter solenoid.Hope that helps you to trace down the problem.
Expert:  Vladgmru replied 6 months ago.
Hi,I am just checking if you found the problem or if you need more assistance.Please do not forget to rate my answer positive if you feel I have helped you.Thanks,Vlad