Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

F250 Super Duty: have 2008 super duty diesel. Engine light

Customer Question

have 2008 super duty diesel. Engine light came on, 10 min later transmission went ito safe mode? Live in Pasco, Wa, dealer cant work me in for 5 days
Category: Ford
Expert:  roy replied 8 months ago.
good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist we need the code to help you here. you can go to a parts store and they will read it for free for you. then we can narrow down the area of failure Roy
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Cant! as it is in safe mode and will barley get up to speed in 10 miles. I will have to do something else. Have been told if I drive very far will end up having to tow! The Ford dealer here wont have a spot to see me till next week! Thanks any wayCal
Expert:  roy replied 8 months ago.
can you get a ride to a parts store and see if they will rent you a code reader??? Roy
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
OK ROY I Went and borrowed tester! What shows is same code shown twice, P0088 = fuel pressure sensor? (I always and never miss using fuel injector cleaner with each fill up) When I started engine, light still on but engine was out of safe mode! Once guy read code I had him erase it!
Oriley parts store shows no fuel pressure sensor for sale???
Expert:  roy replied 8 months ago.
ok, the code indicates a high fuel pressure issue. I will attach the description of the code and possible causes. codes never identify bad parts just failed systems. clearing the codes does nothing. it erases freeze frame data needed to see the actual readings of sensors at the time of the failure. these reading are crucial in trying to find the failure. do not erase the codes until these readings are saved and printed.Roy