Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

F-450: 2012 F-450 w/V-10 VIN 1FDUF4GYXCEC63506 Needs motor

Customer Question

2012 F-450 w/V-10
VIN 1FDUF4GYXCEC63506
Needs motor replaced. We have ordered the complete drop-in, which comes with water-pump & injectors (8C3Z6006D).
This is a tow truck. Has Engine-mounted PTO.
What are the book hours for this job? I was quoted $2,600 for R&R by HAWK FORD in Oak Lawn, IL, but that was before we knew this Long Block came with injectors (and perhaps water-pump as well).
Also, What updates are available for TRANSMISSION? Since day one, it has slammed into R, and the sift into R is delayed by about 2 seconds. Ford claims is NORMAL, but never applied any updates. I understand there are two updates that may address issues.
Thank you!
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 8 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. The only way we can check updates is by hooking up a scan tool and seeing what current update release your on to see if there is a newer one available. I highly doubt a update is going to address the reverse issue. That is more than likely the solenoid bad or the reverse clutch has issues, the later being most likely. The RR time is 12.2 hours to swap the engines plus time to swap parts from the old engine to the new one. Based on the engine your getting it looks to be about an additional 3-4 hours, plus time to swap the PTO. So give or take 15-17 hours. Then you have to add in any seals, gaskets, and fluids needed. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Would you kindly look up any bulletins for trans updates for this vehicle, and sending me bulletin #'s?

Below is a link to every TSB for the 12 F450.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/TSB12.png
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 7 months ago.
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because no rating was selected and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris