James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

I have a 2004 f250 diesel, crew-cab XL. My heater blower isn't

Customer Question

I have a 2004 f250 diesel, crew-cab XL. My heater blower isn't working. It just dead regardless of temp position and fan speed selected. Seems like a fuse or relay. I am trying to locate the fuse/relay location and size needed. Any help?
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with this sort of thing. Are you planning on changing the fuse yourself?
Customer: Unless it's complex.
JA: Ok. We'll get you to one of the go-to fuse guys. Other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: Good. I just bought it and have loved it, so far. Initially had a little problem with one of the batteries going dead. I may have to replace it soon.
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Anything else I can tell the Ford Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: No, Mam!
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 10 months ago.
Hello, is this manual or automatic temperature control?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Manual.
Expert:  James replied 10 months ago.
Fuse 28 and 107 inside the vehicle are what control power to the blower motor. Most likely the blower motor has failed as they are a common failure item.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** the blower worked when I bought the truck but it wasn't very strong, even on full strength. I'll check the fuses, first. Are they under the hood or lower dash?
Expert:  James replied 10 months ago.
They are all under the dash. If you have a test light we can also test for power to the blower motor as well.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I just bought the truck. Have only driven it, twice.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** didn't come with an owners manual. Is it possible to get a paper manual, somewhere?
Expert:  James replied 10 months ago.
I know ebay sells them fairly cheap. on the back side of the fuse panel it will show the numbers as well.