Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

I have a 2000 ford escort zx2 with 116,000 miles, came in with

Customer Question

I have a 2000 ford escort zx2 with 116,000 miles, came in with broken timing belt, installed new timing belt, but now it won't idle. If I start it up ad give it some throttle it will run, but will not idle, it starts and dies out. Checked compression have 155-160 across all cylinder
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: As far as I know
JA: Anything else I can tell the Ford Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 6 months ago.
When you installed the new timing belt did you loosen each camshaft to make sure the exhaust cam isn't sticking?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes, I already figured it out. When it broke the timing belt it must of back fired and blew a vacuum hose off the very bottom of the intake, took me a little while but I found it, cars running great know.Thanks
Expert:  James replied 6 months ago.
Great I'm glad I was able to get it running.