Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

I have 04 Ford Crown Victoria 62,000 miles and it won't even crack

Customer Question

I have 04 Ford Crown Victoria 62,000 miles and it won't even crack. Battery is fine. Is starter bad? I just bought this car used 3 weeks ago.
JA: There are so many things that can cause battery issues. Some simple, some complicated. The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Will the car start?
Customer: No it won't crank. First time it's done this.
JA: OK. Feel free to minimize me and read in peace. Just know I can connect you with the Ford Mechanic whenever you like.
Customer: Any suggestions ? Starter is bad?
JA: How old is the battery?
Customer: Newer. Lights are not dim.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Ford Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: Just the car doesn't crank and it seems to have plenty of power.
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike V. replied 6 months ago.
HI there,Do you hear a single click or rapid clicking when trying to start the car?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Why did I get charged again ?!
Expert:  Mike V. replied 6 months ago.
I don't know so I sent it to customer service. They should be getting in touch with you.I just fix cars.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I didnt even get a answer. When I try to start car it doesn't crank, all I hear is something in the trunk either fuel pump or air suspension? My car hasn't given me anything to think the starer is bad.