Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 94 Ranger,was having intermittent problems starting,if

Customer Question

I have a 94 Ranger,was having intermittent problems starting,if I shot some starting fluid in it would always fire up,seemed to do it more on wet or humid days.A few days ago started missing really bad so I replaced Mass Air Flow Sensor & air charge temperature sensor,now truck won't even start.Replaced fuel filter & I can hear pump turn on when I turn the key.Any help appreciated,Thanks
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else I can tell the Ford Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: Even if I spray starting fluid it does not make a difference
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Code Reader shows Mass Air Flow Sensor still after it was replaced.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 8 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. Does the engine have spark when cranking? Does it start using starting fluid currently? Are there any codes in the computer?