Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Have been working on Ford GM and Chrysler for 15+ years and ASE master certified.
27644750

Windstar: I have an 03 Ford Windstar minivan. It problem is

Customer Question

I have an 03 Ford Windstar minivan. It problem is a continuously breaking front engine mount. It seems to go through about one a month. I just replaced it again and this time it only lasted two weeks. It fails at a (manufacturers) weld every time. So far I've replaced it five times. I replaced the rear mount a couple of months ago just as a precaution and the mount on the transmission seems to be okay. This van is a taxi so it gets driven fairly hard but there must be more to it than that. Do you know what may be going on here ???

Category: Ford
Expert:  Lou P. replied 7 months ago.
Hello. Usually when you have a mount that keeps getting broken is because it is the only one that is doing all the work. You need to rev the engine in drive and reverse and see how much the engine moves each way. Most likely it's the transmission mount that is bad that is causing the other mount to break. Let me know your thoughts. Lou.