Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Have been working on Ford GM and Chrysler for 15+ years and ASE master certified.
27644750

My 03 ford f250 4x4 is having issues engaging overdrive. And

Customer Question

My 03 ford f250 4x4 is having issues engaging overdrive. And in reverse also. No issue to shift from the column but when i did put it into reverse it took some reving before it engaged. Also, the tack is to high for the mph I'm at(example- going 35 & tack is at 2.5) and doesn't go into overdrive. Fyi it's a gas truck with a 4 gear tranny. Help please.
JA: Good to know. The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with this sort of thing. How old is your transmission?
Customer: factory and it's an 03
JA: Ok. We'll get you to one of the go-to transmission guys. Other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: misfiring. needs a plug change
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Anything else I can tell the Ford Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: no ma'am. Thanks!
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
my hubby said there was liquid on one of the back plugs also. He changed the !st 4 plugs and will change the other 4 tonight. code 1780 came up on the diagnostic machine BUT it the battery had been unplugged since i parked it. So, what do ya think?
Expert:  Lou P. replied 7 months ago.
Hello sorry no one has helped yet. Let me know when you get the plugs changed if the truck is still giving you fits and we can continue with some other checks. Lou P.