A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, ASE Advanced Gasoline Engine Performance

We purchased the truck from Texas and it has key less entry

Customer Question

We purchased the truck from Texas and it has key less entry on the door and we don't have a manual. The local Ford dealer wants to charge for a manual. I'm hoping that you can tell me how to program it.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: Yes ma'am
JA: Anything else I can tell the Ford Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: No thank you
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 6 months ago.
What year is the F150?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
2008 Diesel
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I just want the 7 day free trial and want the answer to go to the e-mail provided, because my son has the truck in his possession. I'm 64 and wouldn't understand how to do this.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
This is a 550 Super Duty Western Hauler.
There are two ways to get the keyless entry key code for the truck. One is to have a dealership connect their scan tool to the vehicle to access the SJB (Smart Junction Box) better known as the dash fuse box to get the code. Or you can see if there is a decal on the dash fuse box that will have a 5 digit code which is the factory keyless entry code.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your answer and I will have my son take it to the dealership! I would also like to cancel at this time. If I had known I was going to be charged this amount I would have just took the truck to the dealer. Please cancel my "free trial". I feel this is not a good thing in saying for $5 I could get an answer and then was charged the amount of a monthly fee. I could have paid this amount to the local dealership and not have to go through all of this. So please cancel and DON'T take any more fees from my account!
I have no control over the charges. I am only subcontracted to Just Answer. I live in Florida and they are based out of California.