James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

2013 f 350 lariat radio and cd will not come on. display

Customer Question

2013 f 350 lariat radio and cd will not come on. display panel is llit up with touch screen working for everything else. entertainment touch just beeps without any other response. no action from on/off radio knob. no action from cd eject. (there is a cd in it)
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: yes. I listened to the cd last night on the way home. this am on the way to work no joy.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Ford Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 8 months ago.
Hello, There is an update to correct this concern from the Ford dealer. If you are under 3 years 36k miles it can be updated for you free of charge.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
So dealer is only choice for fix.? I am 3.5 years at 60k miles
Expert:  James replied 8 months ago.
A dealer or other shop that has the same scan tool as the dealer. I wish there was an easier way but usually dealers don't charge a whole lot to perform updates.